Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Prevention & Complex Care - HARP team at Merri Health, your main responsibilities will include:
- Organisation of and participation in:
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
- Transitional Exercise Program
- Home-based Exercise Program
- Client case load
The successful applicant will be working in a multi-disciplinary community health setting with external partner agencies to deliver high-quality Respiratory Specific services that meet the needs of the community.
Based in Coburg, this is a part time (0.6 EFT) position offered on an ongoing basis. In order to be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
Essential Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy and a current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to Merri Health values and philosophy, and ability to engage in the enhancement of Merri Health culture in meeting organisational objectives
- Demonstrated ability working in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in client centred care through effective assessment, care planning, case conferencing and review of clients
- Highly developed organisational and communication skills (including written and verbal).
- Experience with Word Documents and Excel
Desirable Key Selection Criteria
- Qualification and/or previous experience working with chronic respiratory disease
What we offer
You will work closely with the HARP Respiratory Team Leader to further develop the Respiratory Services at Merri Health. You will also receive supportive supervision and mentoring to strengthen your own professional development. Merri Health is a not for profit organisation and offers generous salary packaging arrangements.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Peita Price, Team Leader Cardiac Services on 0419 552 655 or Peita.Price@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close 23/01/2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.