Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As a part of the Social Support Program at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing meals for SSP participants in accordance with Food Safety Standards and menu plans
- Ensuring participants’ needs, special dietary requirements and preferences are met when preparing and delivering meals for the participants
- Assisting with menu planning to ensure the provision of well presented and nutritious meals
- Stock control and ordering of groceries, fresh produce and other required items
- Participating in the evaluation of the food services component of programs to ensure participant needs are being met
- Ensuring the kitchen is cleanly maintained, hygienic and fully compliant with all Food Safety Plan, Food Safety Standards and other legislative requirements
- Ensuring all equipment is in good working order and compliant with the Food Safety Standards and the Food Safety Plan
- Maintaining records and checklists in accordance with Food Safety Standards for a Class 1 premises and the Food Safety Plan
Based at our Glenroy & Brunswick West sites, this is a part-time (0.42 EFT) position offered on an ongoing basis. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Knowledge of food and meal preparation
- Qualifications in food and meal preparation
- Understanding of nutritional needs of older people
- Experience in cooking for a group
- Knowledge of Food Safety requirements for a Class 1 establishment
- Sound understanding of food hygiene, allergy and infection control
- Experience in menu preparation, stock control and ordering
- Sound knowledge of computers
What we offer
We support caring relationships and people’s ability to remain living in the community by providing a range of enjoyable and meaningful centre based activities or in home support. These activities support social inclusion, community participation and build and maintain capacity in skills of daily living.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Phil Peladrinos, Team Leader Social Support Programs on (03) 8637 8210 or Phil.Peladrinos@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications close 12th April 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.