We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to fill a permanent Full-Time role as the Team Leader Care Management within our Home Care Packages program based in Coburg.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, innovative and supportive team.
- Flexible and Hybrid Working Arrangements
- Flexibility to workers who have family or other commitments by varying start or finish times
- Working from home two days a week within a Hybrid Working model
- Salary + Super (10%)
- Salary Packaging options available to pay less tax annually
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading, get paid more to take time off
- Access to a staff Wellness App – Active & Thriving
- EAP – Lifeworks
A diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
Your new Organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
The Team Leader Care Management is responsible for clinical oversight of the Home Care Packages Service.
The role is pivotal in driving high quality and safe clinical care, providing clinical leadership, and supporting change management and continuous improvement in line with ongoing aged care reforms.
The Team Leader Care Management is required to work effectively and efficiently with the Team Leader Service Operations to ensure a holistic approach to the provision of services and care to Merri's Home Care Package clients and stakeholders.
You will be responsible for
Lead Merri's case management model of care and ensure we have the appropriate indicators and measures in place to monitor client outcomes and service effectiveness & efficiency.
- Services are delivered under the principles of Consumer Directed Care and appropriately developed Care Plans that support assessed client goals, diverse needs, wellness and reablement principles within allocated package budgets.
- Delivery of high quality care to consumers within the program ensuring that client packages are managed effectively and in line with individual goals.
- Monitor package expenditure, contributions and arrears and to ensure that it is within budget and Home Care Package guidelines.
- Authorise/approve invoices within delegated authority limits ensuring purchases and services are in line with Home Care Package guidelines and individual client budget limits.
- Share After Hours Service responsibilities with the Team Leader Service Operations and other Senior team members.
- Contribute to the effective utlisation and performance management of third party approved service providers.
- Provide people management functions through the employment life cycle,including recruitment, orientation, performance management, development, leave, and separations.
- Ensure staff have the appropriate capability to undertake the work required and promote continuous professional development and learning.
- Develop appropriate systems, relevant policies, processes and practices to support compliance with all funding and service agreements.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a marketing plan to drive growth in Home Care Packages.
- Provide ongoing evaluation of services to ensure cost effectiveness (benchmarking).
- Identify and implement service improvements to meet high quality and safe care and in turn increase market competitiveness.
Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders including relevant government agencies and services providers e.g., gps, hospitals, My Aged Care.
- Provide program advice on Aged Care Reform impacts on current service delivery and identify possible solutions to mitigate risk.
- Prepare data, expenditure and program reports as required.
- Participate in evaluation and ongoing review of Home Care Package Service development.
- Manage compliments, complaints and feedback and identify areas of improvement in line with Merri Health policy.
To succeed in the role, you will have
Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Nursing or Allied Health in line with AHPRA accreditation requirements.
Demonstrated experience leading a home care case management team
Demonstrated ability to translate funding guidelines and quality assurance principles into daily practice to support positive service outcomes and business growth.
Relevant experience and capacity to provide effective support and supervision to case management staff
Effective communication skills both written and verbal and ability to influence desired outcomes.
Experience supporting teams through change management processes.
Effective negotiation and problem solving skills, and the ability to form and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
Excellent Excel, financial software, database management and reporting skills.
A well-established understanding of the Home Care Packages Program and Aged Care Reforms.
Good working knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Framework and Home Care Standards
Experience with budgets and financial records.
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If you are interested in applying, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sam Deer-Granger on 0477 960 682.
When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 27 January 2023
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.