Make a real difference in the lives of young children and their families by joining our Early Childhood NDIS team.
-Diverse paediatric caseload, stimulating and challenging family centred work allowing you to grow your skills and embrace new possibilities
-Generous Professional Development Allowance and opportunities for learning and support through whole-team case discussions, regular supervision and peer support
-Plenty of opportunity for collaborating with highly experienced, like minded, passionate early childhood team
-Autonomy to work from home, from the office and also in the community- structure your day to suit your lifestyle, family needs, personal preferences and caseload to maintain a successful work/life balance.
-Realistic and achievable billable targets of 5 hours per day allowing time for professional development opportunities and time to become part of a dynamic, forward thinking and well respected large local health service.
You will be responsible for:
Providing in home assessment and evidence based early intervention services to children (0-6 years) with an NDIS plan, to effect positive change in areas including:
- speech and language development
- fussy eating
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Draw upon your expertise to help families to network local support services and networks
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A Degree in Speech Pathology and current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Experience and a passion for working with a diverse collection of children of varying abilities
- A real desire to make a difference in the lives of children with disabilities and their families
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients
- A family and child-focused approach
- Awareness and acceptance of diverse cultural and social backgrounds
- Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- The ability and desire to embrace a flexible individualised approach to your work
- Current Working with Children Check
- A current Victorian Driver's Licence
- NDIS work clearance
How do I apply:
To discuss further please contact:
Dianne Basser 0427 974 492
What else do I need to know:
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.