- Permanent Full Time
- Based in Coburg and Glenroy
- $86,000 - $100,000 FTE + Super + Salary Packaging
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
This role is the chance to join a passionate and highly skilled team who provide a unique service to people living with dementia. You will be supported and encouraged to innovate and share ideas as we continue to grow and develop the service.
As an Occupational Therapist with the Specialist Aged Services team you will:
- Be part of a supportive multidisciplinary allied health team to provide goal focussed therapy to people aged 65+ who are referred to the Specialist Memory and Dementia or Rapid Reablement service.
- Provide person centred occupational therapy to people in their own homes.
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives as we continue to develop our service.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality, evidence based services for all clients,
- Independently assess and manage complex conditions associated with dementia/memory loss and ageing.
- Client centred goal setting based on their strengths and valued activities impacted by their altered capacity, including a focus on the functional skills required to achieve identified goals.
- Standard and complex equipment assessment, customisation, trial, prescription and related client education.
- Prescribing minor and major home modifications and use of relevant standards as a guideline to best practice.
- Providing education and information to clients and their carers about the optimal management of their condition
- Actively participating in professional development to maintain and enhance clinical knowledge and technical skills and keep up to date with new developments and relevant trends.
What you will need to succeed
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Degree qualified in Occupational Therapy and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as an Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality clinical care to older adults with cognitive and /or physical disabilities
- An interest in working with people living with dementia
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong organisational, planning, time management and prioritisation skills
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this perks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, contact Kate on 0393049220.
When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 15 January 2023
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.