Occupational Therapist (NDIS)
- Fixed Term to June 2024
- Full time, Part Time. Job share considered
- Based in Coburg
- $86,000 - $100,000 FTE + Super + Salary Packaging
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
This is a short-term role, funded under the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP), and will support clients to access allied health with the NDIS through your holistic and client-centred assessments. You will work closely with clients, their supports, internal and external agencies to provide comprehensive reports for the NDIS from an allied health perspective.
As the Occupational Therapist in the Prevention of Chronic Illness Care Team you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality and effective Occupational Therapy assessments for NDIS reporting purposes.
- Utilizing a client-centred approach support clients to identify their goals and the recommendations to achieve these goals.
- Performing ADL, functional capacity and other relevant assessments within the clients' home or other appropriate setting.
- Provide recommendations to the NDIS for ongoing allied health services.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide functional capacity and other relevant assessments within the clients' home or other relevant settings.
- Provide recommendations to the NDIS for ongoing Occupational Therapy needs and where appropriate, other allied health services, to ensure the client reaches their optimal level of function.
- Utilise a strengths-based, client-centred approach to support a client to identify their goals/needs
- Work closely with the clients' significant others, including carers and family, treating practitioners, support coordinators, Local Area Coordinators/NDIA planners and/or case managers
- In conjunction with the P&CIC Team Leader, work with internal and external key stakeholders to support the development and implementation of processes, pathways and protocols related to this position.
- Ensure services meet quality service standards and contract agreements
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date and in-depth understanding of NDIS principles, philosophy of an insurance-based model, legislation, rules and regulations and how this applies to this role
- Participation in P&CIC team meetings and professional development opportunities
- Ensure program development and service delivery reflect the cultural and social diversity of the local community.
Professional Development & Quality Improvement:
- Identify and participate in Quality Improvement activities in collaboration with OT Clinical Support and Team Leader P&CIC
- Participate in operational supervision with the P&CIC Team Leader and clinical supervision with the OT Clinical Support
- Participate in professional development opportunities to support continuous learning relevant to position
What you will need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We're looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary Qualification in Occupational Therapy and current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in Occupational Therapy working with adults under 65 years with a range of disabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the National disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and experience working with people from vulnerable population groups and culturally diverse backgrounds
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this perks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, contact Rebekah on email@example.com, Ph. 0400 777 598.
When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25 February 2023
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.