Merri Health – Occupational Therapist (Grade 2)
- 0.8 EFT permanent role in a truly unique multidisciplinary allied health team
- Location: Various Merri Health Sites, may include: Bell Street, Coburg and Glenroy and Epping
- Join an established multi-disciplinary team, who strive to help our clients reach their desired outcomes and stay living independently in the community
- You will have access to structured supervision to support you in your new role
- Work in a team where professional development is considered a priority
- Opportunities for involvement in multidisciplinary special interest groups for those interested in specialising their skill set
- Flexible working option such as working from home is also available.
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As an Occupational Therapist in the Independent Living Team you will be responsible for:
- Assessment of clients in receipt of a home care package to identify current strengths and valued activities impacted by their altered capacity.
- Provide recommendations and/or interventions to support the capacity of the client to achieve their goal
- The prescription of equipment (including funding applications) and recommendations for home modifications to enhance occupational performance.
- This role will work closely with other Allied Health and Aged Care services across Merri to ensure an integrated and coordinated provision of services.
- You will have the opportunity to participate and lead service development and CQI projects
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Clinical experience in community health, equipment prescription and home modifications
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to network and liaise with others and contribute effectively in a team environment.
What we offer
You will be working with a motivated and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a community health setting to deliver high quality health care to our community.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website and review the position description.
Please apply for this position by sending your CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.