Mental Health Clinician - Community
Fantastic opportunity to diversify and build your career working within a trans-disciplinary model delivering psychosocial and clinical services to older adults within the community.
Stepped Care for Older Adults is an innovative program for older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental illness, at risk of developing a mental illness, or experiencing social isolation and/or loneliness. The multi-disciplinary team provides both individual and group-based sessions in a variety of settings within the community.
The position is well supported with access to clinical supervision and professional development opportunities.
Hybrid working models are available involving split of site-based and work-from-home. Flexible vehicle options are also available. Working days and hours of work are negotiable, please contact the Team Leader on the below contact number to discuss how this role may work for you.
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
You will be responsible for
- Clinical Triage including screening of referrals and psychosocial assessments
- Goal-directed care planning
- Provision of evidence-based and time-limited psychological therapies and/or interventions
- Group development and facilitation
- Care co-ordination
To succeed in the role you will have
The successful applicant will have one of the following professional qualifications:
- Approved Degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Approved Degree from a recognised school of Occupational Therapy, eligibility for membership with the Australian Association of Occupational Therapy (Vic.) and registration with AHPRA
- Degree in Clinical Psychology and eligibility for membership with the A.P.S. College of Clinical Psychologists and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Approved Degree in Psychiatric Nursing or equivalent; or, Bachelor Degree in Nursing and a postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric Nursing, and registration with AHPRA
Demonstrated clinical experience in working with older adults in mental health settings at the level required
Demonstrated capacity of working in a multidisciplinary team with an ability to build and maintain effective working relations
A commitment to providing high level of care within a recovery model
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the position description.
If you would like to apply, please email your CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close 31/08/2022.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.