Victoria Place, Coburg
Fixed Term Part Time 0.8FTE through until 30 June 2023
Mental Health Case Manager- Homelessness to a Home (H2H)
Merri Health are seeking an experienced and skilled Mental Health Case Manager to work within the Homelessness to a Home (H2H) initiative. This exciting role will provide an unique opportunity to work as part of an inter-agency and multi-disciplinary team, consisting of healthcare professionals representing 4 agencies: Merri Health, Neami National, UnitingVicTas and Bolton Clarke. This team approach will allow for delivery of high quality, holistic care for consumers who have recently experienced homelessness.
- Delivery of assertive outreach across the North of Melbourne, with an office base in Broadmeadows
- Fixed term part-time- 0.8 FTE
- Work as part of a dynamic multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team focused on providing high quality, holistic support
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As a Mental Health Case Manager with the Homelessness to a Home program, you will be responsible for:
- Providing intensive case management support to a caseload of consumers, working from a holistic care frameowrk with a strengths-based approach
- Providing individualised, client-centred care around key support areas, such as assessment, tenancy maintenance, service navigation and referral and building community connections
- Utilising a team approach to support client work and ensure continuity of care and the provision of comprehensive support to consumers
- Developing effective and collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Community Development, Welfare or related field
- Demonstrated experience in working with people experiencing complex mental health issues, particularly those with high support needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders
- Extensive experience in effectively engaging with consumers and carers
What we offer
This role will provide a fantastic opportunity to be part of an innovative program focussed on providing high intensity, flexible and responsive supports to people who have recently been housed after experiencing homelessness. Delivered through an assertive outreach model, this role will involve working in a team environment with other partner agencies to provide a high quality, integrated and holistic service response. Working as part of this program will also provide opportunities to broaden and share a diverse range of knowledge and skills.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, please review the position description and when you are ready to apply please email your CV and Cover Letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Enquiries: Kelly Caruana
Ph: 9355 9909
Applications Close: 02/10/2022