- Strong level of support provided by aged care leadership team
- Opportunity to contribute to the development and growth of the Home Care Package service delivery stream
- Flexible work arrangements available. Coburg location for on-site work
- Opportunity to learn and develop new skills in a newly created position!
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Come and join Merri Health's Active and Healthy Ageing program, which provides a range of in-home and centre based services to people aged over 65 (over 50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) living in the Northern and Western metropolitan regions of Melbourne. Services include Allied Health & Nursing, the Dementia and Memory service, and Access & Support. The Active and Healthy Ageing program works closely with our Service Access team and our Home Care Packages team, which helps us to deliver effective Allied Health and Nursing services under Home Care Packages.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) to Home Care Package (HCP) transition of consumers accessing our Allied Health and Nursing services
- Playing a lead role in managing internal and external Home Care Package referrals for our Allied Health and Nursing services
- Assisting with the ongoing development of the HCP Allied Health and Nursing service, via the refinement of resource information and the referral management process
- Working with a number of key stakeholders including the aged care leadership team, service delivery staff, and external home care package providers to ensure HCP consumers have timely access to Merri Health's Allied Health and Nursing services
To succeed in the role you will have
- Strong administrative skills, including proficiency in word processing and data entry
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to build positive working relationships with internal staff and external referrers
- A willingness to learn about the aged care system, including My Aged Care
- Strong organisational skills, and an ability to identify and prioritize tasks
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this piques your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact: Adam Demirtel 0427 398 066
Application close date 31 August 2022