- Part time, Fixed Term to July 2023
- Be part of a specialist multidisciplinary team supporting community clients living with dementia and memory loss
- Glenroy location
Interviews for short listed candidates will commence prior to advertisement closing date
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
This position is based within the Specialist Memory & Dementia Stream of the Specialist Aged Services Program. The Specialist Memory and Dementia Stream provides an early intervention service for people with diagnosed dementia or self-reported cognitive and memory changes utilising a strengths-based framework.
The purpose of this role is to provide clinical community gerontology services for clients within the Specialist Memory and Dementia Service. The Geriatrician position is primarily based at 5D Cromwell Street, Glenroy.
The purpose of this role is to provide clinical community gerontology services alongside a multidisciplinary team to provide early intervention for people with diagnosed dementia or self-reported cognitive and memory changes. The service will utilise a strengths-based framework. The team is funded through Commonwealth Home Support Programme – Specialist Support Services (CHSP-SSS) for individuals aged 65 years and above or aged 50 years and above for those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
You will be responsible for
- Providing high quality, client oriented community geriatric medical assessment and management services.
- Participating in the multidisciplinary team management of clients, including the attendance at relevant case conferences and family meetings.
- Working collaboratively General Practitioners and colleagues to ensure the client’s ongoing medical and allied health care is optimal.
- Maintain and enhance professional knowledge and technical skills by keeping up to date with new developments in Gerontology clinical practice.
- Ensuring that clients are given adequate information upon which to base their decisions.
- Understand and apply the principles of clinical risk management to provide safe and effective care.
- Compliance with MBS billing requirements.
- Conduct consultations through telehealth as required and and when appropriate
To succeed in the role you will have
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Experience and special interest in working with clients who have dementia and memory loss.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and specialist qualification in gerontology.
- Proven track record of excellence in clinical service delivery with a demonstrated commitment to accuracy and quality in all prepared work.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development, medical research, audit, continuous quality improvement and other activities that improve client care.
- Experience in community Gerontology practice
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
If this role piques your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, contact Isobel Sanger, Team Leader Specialist Ages Services on 0419 142 996. When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 30/09/2022.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.