- Permanent Part Time
- Working across Glenroy and Coburg
- $102,000FTE + super + salary packaging
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
This role is the chance to join a passionate and highly skilled multidisciplinary team. You will be supported and encouraged to innovate and share ideas as we continue to grow and develop the service. The community nursing service delivers continence and general health assessments, and cognitive screening for clients in receipt of a Home Care Package. You will provide education and advice through a wellness approach, which focuses on clients’ strengths, and aims to maximise independence and autonomy.
You will be responsible for
- Providing high quality, evidence based services for all clients
- Undertake health, continence and cognitive assessments using evidence-based practice including the identification of treatment options and promotion of self-management
- Provide education and advice to clients and their families
- Provide recommendations and work closely with referrers to support optimal clinical care in response to identified goals
- Completing timely and accurate documentation of all clinical interactions
- Actively participating in professional development to maintain and enhance clinical knowledge and technical skills and keep up to date with new developments and relevant trends.
- Participate in service development and quality improvement activities
To succeed in the role you will have
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
• Degree qualified in nursing and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Division 1 Registered Nurse
• Demonstrated experience in providing high quality clinical care to older adults
• Excellent interpersonal skills and highly developed communication (written and verbal) skills
• Strong organisational, planning, time management and prioritisation skills
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to read the position description. If you have any questions, contact Kate Cinerari on 0393049220. When you're ready to apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 13/02/23
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.