Carer Response Officer
- Permanent Full Time
- Great culture
- $69,000 - $74,000 + super + salary packaging
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. Merri health is kicking goals by proudly being Rainbow Tick accredited, being an employer of choice for gender equality. A career at Merri includes access to a generous salary, uniquely proactive and comprehensive health and wellbeing framework, and an imbedded learning and development program to support you through all stages of your employment journey. Fun, diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
Merri Health offers a vibrant workplace in the historic Pentridge Coburg precinct with provisions for a hybrid working model combining work online at home and in the office. This role provides you with a unique opportunity to make a major difference in the community through raising the awareness of elder abuse prevention and the ageist attitudes which contribute to elder abuse. The Healthy Ageing team is comprised of a friendly group of professionals and supportive individual supervision is offered with a qualified, experienced Social Worker. Salary packaging is also available.
Your new role
The carer Gateway is a service delivery model that has been designed to assist individuals in their role as carers. The Carer Gateway has been developed to ensure that the needs of carers are placed front and centre of service delivery to assist them in their carer responsibilities.
Carer Response Officers are the first point of contact for callers form across the state of Victoria ringing the Carer Gateway. The Carer Response Officer plays a critical role at the start of a carer's involvement with the Carer Gateway.
You will be responsible for
The Carer Response Officer will be responsible for:
- Ensures a consistent and effective experience for clients of the Carer Gateway
- Facilitates the process for each individual carer through the intake and registration stage when a carer may present with an enquiry or request, which includes:
- Assessing urgency and emergency circumstances
- Determining eligibility to access support services
- Completing registration details of the carer and their situation
- Establishing a record of the carer in the Client Information Management System (CIMS) to support ongoing management of support services and monitoring of carer wellbeing, post-delivery of service
- Providing carers with information and advice, tailored to their needs and circumstances
- Arranging and coordinating brokered respite services for carers who are experiencing a crisis or emergency, ensuring contacts have been established with Merri Health prior to using a brokered provider
- Assisting carers to access planned respite funded through other sources, eg. My Aged Care/NDIS/ state-funded programs
What you will need to succeed
- Certificate IV in Disability, Community Care or equivalent
- Experience in a client service delivery role and knowledge intake and registration functions to obtain accurate information
- Knowledge on the community care sector, including challenges faced by carers of people with a disability, chronic illness, mental health condition and the aged
- Proven ability to foster and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and to relate to and work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and communities
- Organisational and interpersonal skills, eg. negotiation, problem solving, time management
- Proficiency in the use of communication technologies
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Please start by reviewing the position description and take a few minutes to read about Merri Health on our website. If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact the Team Leader Catherine McGovern on email@example.com or 0438 512 391.
Applications close 14/04/2022
When you are ready to apply, please send through your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.