- Ongoing part-time role (0.8FTE with room to negotiate)
- flexible work arrangement with some working from home
- FTE Salary: $78,103 + super + salary packaging
Join one of Victoria’s biggest community health providers, renown for its great work culture. Make a real difference to the lives of carers through coaching them through challenges.
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
You new role:
Reporting to the Team Leader, Counselling and Coaching, the Carer Coach supports carers to improve their health and wellbeing through in-person carer coaching. Following the CHIME framework, the Carer Coach assists carers finding strategies to respond to challenges in the caring relationship.
You will be responsible for
• Providing in-person coaching to carers in line with the Carer Gateway Carer Coaching Service Design and Guidelines, using the CHIME framework, motivational interviewing and a person-centred approach
• Undertaking health and wellbeing related assessments and goal planning, including meaningful SMART actions, in collaboration with carers.
• Applying a reflective practice framework that assists carers in building self-development and self-care strategies with the aim to maintain wellbeing and resilience.
• Providing carers with assistance to navigate, coordinate and access other supports and making referrals as needed.
To succeed in the role you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in social work or equivalent discipline or experience
• Experience undertaking health-related needs assessments and goal-directed care planning
• Experience delivering coaching in the community/health sector and a sound understanding of principles of resilience, prevention, health education and motivational interviewing.
• Sound knowledge of the community care sector
• Excellent organisational, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of information and communication technologies
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, contact Juliane, Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 629 790. When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 28/09/22.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.