- Permanent Full Time
- $91,000 - 95,000 + super + salary packaging
- Join one of Victoria's largest community health organisations renowned for its fantastic work culture
- great work/life balance and employee wellbeing initiatives
The successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated and skilled team and actively support the continued growth of Merri Health's Home Care Package Service.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment as well as salary packaging.
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
The Home Care Packages Program provides older people who want to stay at home with access to a range of ongoing personal services, support services and clinical care that help them with their day-to-day activities.
Following the principles of Consumer-Directed Care and according to the Commonwealth Department of Health program guidelines, the Care Advisor – Home Care Packages is responsible for the provision of advice, support and care coordination to Home Care Packages recipients (Levels 1 -4). This includes the development of a client directed care plan, based on assessed need and personal goals, and a package of care that promotes wellness and independence.
You will be responsible for:
- Promote and empower consumer participation and choice through the provision of effective, responsive, goal focused and outcomes based support to Home Care Package recipients.
- Identify any risks to consumer, contractor or employees on initial assessment and perform required safety checks/screening
- Effectively manage a caseload of clients, ensuring monthly targets are achieved in regards to contact hours and new business.
- Negotiate with clients and support networks/families and service providers to ensure the needs of the client and the program are met and a high quality standard of care is achieved
- Work with the client and their informal networks to ensure their individual needs are identified and supported, including communication and cultural needs, personal values, preferences and chosen lifestyle.
Continued in Position Description
What you will need to succeed
- Appropriate Qualification compliant with Australian Qualifications Framework (e.g. Diploma of Case Management and/or Community Services /Nursing/ or related field, or Tertiary Qualification in a health related field)
- Experience with Case Management, client assessment and care planning, in particular managing a caseload of clients from goal directed care principles and brokerage model of service delivery
- Financial skills to effectively develop and monitor package expenditure for a variety of clients within a framework of consumer directed care and choice supported by program guidelines and quality principles
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of an effective team, including networking capacity with a wide range of service providers and other relevant stakeholders
- Experience in similar role
- Empathy for older Australians
- Proven time management and efficiency skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this perks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, contact Ekram, Team Leader - Care management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you're ready to apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 29/11/2022.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.