Assessment & Planning Officer
- 2 Permanent full-time positions (part-time negotiable)
- $79,800 to $85,860 plus super plus salary packaging
- Join one of Victoria’s largest community health organisations renowned for its fantastic work culture
- Enjoy Merri’s hybrid work model which will allow you to work from home some of the time
- Seeking applicants who have had 2-3 years of experience in the field
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Merri Health has a long history of providing carer support services in Northern metropolitan Melbourne, funded both through the federal and state government. Since 2020, Merri Health leads the delivery of carer support, advice and information across Victoria for Carer Gateway, the Australian Government’s national carer hub.
Merri’s Carer Services Program currently provides a range of services, supports and activities to carers living in Northern and Western metro Melbourne. These include needs assessments, care coordination, peer support, coaching, counselling, respite support, as well as events and activities.
Your new role
As an Assessment and Planning Officer, you will:
- undertake holistic assessments using the Carers Star and develop goal-directed care plans which meet the individual, physical and emotional needs of carers and strengthen the caring relationships
- provide carers with assistance to navigate, coordinate and access other supports and services (including through My Aged Care, the NDIS etc.)
- work as part of a close-knit multi-disciplinary team
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Bachelor Qualification in Social Work or other health related discipline
- solid understanding of holistic, person-centred assessments, goal planning and service coordination
- sound knowledge of the community care sector and appropriate referral pathways
- great organisational and interpersonal skills, adaptability and enthusiasm
What we offer
Reporting to the Team Leader, Assessment and Planning, and supported by the Senior Assessment and Planning Officer, you will be an integral part of the highly effective Carer Services team. You will play an important role in shaping the future of carer services and will be able to make a real difference.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchased leave and flexible work arrangements, including the option to work from home some of the time.
What you need to do now
Please start by reviewing the position description and take a few minutes to read about Merri Health on our website. If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Gozde Filiz, Team Leader - Assessment & Planning on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 24/03/23
When you are ready to apply, please send through your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, NDIS worker screening and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.