Supporting community-led projects in Fawkner.
What is it?
Hello Fawkner! is a three year project that builds community cohesion, connection and respect for diversity in Fawkner.
Hello, Fawkner! includes a community leadership program for residents, a community newspaper and e-newsletter all about Fawkner, and a ‘very small grants’ program to support community Harmony Day events.
- Call the community health promotion team on 1300 637 744
- Email email@example.com
- To receive any updates about Hello, Fawkner!, sign up for the e-newsletter.
Hello, Fawkner! e-newsletter
The Hello, Fawkner! e-newletter is a monthly publication, full of stories, events and goings-on in Fawkner! You can sign up for the e-newsletter anytime.
If you would like to contribute to future editions, we would love to hear from you. We are always looking for volunteers to submit photos, illustrations, artwork, short articles, recipes and more. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your idea.
The Fawkner Times
It is with great pleasure that we introduce The Fawkner Times – a new community newspaper for Fawkner, designed as a forum to tell the stories of Fawkner and profile the people who make our community so great.
We would love to hear your ideas of people, events and organisations you would like to see included. We are looking to make The Fawkner Times community-led, so if you'd like to be involved in the development of future editions, get in touch. This will ensure it keeps going!
The 'Great Idea' Program 2019 – now closed
The Hello, Fawkner! 'Great Idea' Program is for local residents of Fawkner who are passionate about making Fawkner a great place to live. We are looking for Fawkner community members with ideas we can help turn into reality!
Who is eligible?
Fawkner-based community members, residents and informal groups are invited to apply.
Successful applicants will:
- Attend 2 x community training sessions run by CoDesign Studio and Merri Health on Saturday, 23 March and Saturday, 13 April 2019.
- Receive guidance and support for your project from Merri Health for 12 months.
- Receive a share of $10,000 to support your project for a 12 month period (we will fund up to 3 projects/groups).
If you are an organisation who would like to be involved, please get in touch so we can add you to our list of possible project partners.
Before you apply
To be successful, applicants must already have:
- A project idea to improve the Fawkner community. Your idea might be for a space/place, a gathering/event, or something else entirely that benefits the Fawkner community. Your project idea must be located within Fawkner.
- A group (or at least a few keen helpers) ready to pitch in and make it happen. We encourage applications from all sorts of local groups and communities, whether you’re just a few dedicated local friends or a community group. People from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Contacted a 'Hello, Fawkner!' staff member to discuss your idea on 1300 637 744 or email email@example.com
Applicants need to be willing to:
- Collaborate with other Fawkner residents and groups to develop your project.
- Work with other organisations such as Merri Health and Moreland City Council, as well as diverse members of the Fawkner community, including those from a range of cultural backgrounds.
- Send at least two people to 2 x community training sessions on Saturday, 23 March and Saturday 13, April.
Note: that you don’t need to have the support of Moreland City Council to submit an application. We will work with you to gain this support if your project is selected.
Apply online here by midnight on Thursday 28 February 2019 (originally 15 February).
To find out more, request help with your application, or request a form in hard-copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 637 744.
$100 for Harmony Day! – now closed
On 21 March 2019, people all over Australia will celebrate cultural diversity for Harmony Day!
The theme of Harmony Day in 2019 is ‘Everyone Belongs’, and celebrates inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.
Hello, Fawkner! is offering $100 to Fawkner residents, community groups or schools to put towards a Harmony Day party – anytime during the month of March. Events should be welcoming to community members and celebrate the diverse people who live in Fawkner.
The Harmony Day website has a range of fantastic resources (such as invitations, posters and more) that you can use to promote your event.
To find out more or have a chat about your idea contact email@example.com or call 1300 637 744.