- Apr 21 2020
- 10am - 12pm
- Merri Health - CarerLinks North Entrance 2, Level 2, 110 Chifley Drive Preston VIC 3072
This session is for carers and extended family members living in the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne who look after a person living with dementia.
Music is food for the soul. The use of music can provide comfort, emotional support and create a calming atmosphere. Music can also encourage expression and creativity.
This workshop will explore:
- Why music engages a person living with dementia and how it is useful
- Music engagement as part of daily activity
- How to choose music that engages
- Practical tips to take home
This session will be presented by staff from the Dementia Centre, HammondCare and CarerLinks North and all participants will receive a book called “Music remembers Me”.
Please tell us if you have any dietary requirements or if you need an interpreter. In home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may be provided if requested at the time of RSVP.
Morning tea will be provided.
RSVPs are essential by Tuesday 14 April 2020.
PH: 9495 2500