- Mar 31 2020
- 10am - 12pm
- Shop 48, The Harmony Centre, 46/48 The Mall Heidelberg West VIC 3081
This session is for carers and family members living in the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne who look after a person living with dementia. This session is designed for all family members and is targeted at younger family members who enjoy using technology.
You are warmly invited to come along to:
- Look at technologies that can engage a person living with dementia in a meaningful way; iPad & smartphone apps, music and more
- Explore particular apps; their relevance for someone with dementia and how you can use them
- Provide ideas and a tool that may assist younger family members to engage with the person with dementia – giving them confidence and interest to do so ( i.e. grandchildren)
- Meet other carers in a supported environment and share experiences
This session will be presented by Alissa Westphal, occupational therapist and lecturer from the University of Melbourne.
Please tell us if you have any dietary requirements or if you need an interpreter. In home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may be provided if requested at the time of RSVP.
Morning tea provided.
RSVPs are essential.
Ph: 9495 2500