Ensuring quality care and continuous improvements for better outcomes.
Every three years, Merri Health takes part in a quality accreditation review, conducted by Quality Innovation Performance (QIP). Our last full accreditation review was in December 2016 when we were awarded accreditation having met the following standards:
- Quality Improvement Council (QIC) standards
- Department of Human Services Standards
- National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NQHS)
- Rainbow Tick standards
We were very pleased to achieve an ‘exceeded’ or ‘met with merit’ rating for the following standards:
- QIC Standard 2.3 – Cultural safety and appropriateness
- QIC Standard 3.2 – Collaboration and strategic positioning
- QIC Standard 3.4 – Community and professional capacity
- NSQHS 3.15.2 – Policies, procedures and/or protocols for environmental cleaning are regularly reviewed
- NSQHS 3.15.3 – An established environmental cleaning schedule is in place and environmental cleaning audits are undertaken regularly
- NSQHS 4.13.1 – The clinical workforce provides patients with patient specific medicine information, including medication treatment options, benefits and associated risks.
In March 2017, we were accredited under the National Standards for Mental Health Services. This accreditation means that we provide a high standards of mental health services including those provided under the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Rainbow Tick accreditation
QIP assessors review us against six Rainbow Tick standards, which demonstrate gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusive practice and service delivery.
We have met all six standards. We are very proud of this result, which recognises the large amount of commitment and effort that we made to make our services more inclusive.
Our next full accreditation review is due to be held at the end of 2019.